12 December 2008

I Just Love Christmas!

This afternoon was my absolute deadline to get invitations out for a Christmas Brunch we host every year. I've been working on them for about five days -fifteen minutes here, thirty there, you know the drill. I shouldn’t wait... you’re right... I’ve had months to plan and prepare... I know... but some of us plan for a deadline and others define deadline, ok?! Anyhooo.... I finished and we were getting ready for a road-trip to the Post Office. I don’t know if there’s a secret mom trick I haven’t learned yet to keeping the ones who are ready to go clean, so I usually get the baby changed and dressed last, to avoid confusion, but today, my little five year old took it upon herself to do the honors first.
It was when I first heard the clicking of the shoes on the stone floor that made me go, “hmmm”. Then I just thought they were just playing IN the shoes, but once they rounded the corner, words couldn’t even fly off my tongue and I found myself stuttering. Which was an obvious que because then she blurted out, “Mom, I got her ready to go”. What a sweetheart, huh?!



I know the picture is a little blurry, it was my fault, the chuckles kept escaping my lips. Don't you love those shoes on a mid-December day? And I think those clothes are from like size, 12 months. Too funny!!!

How could you possibly wrap that thoughtfulness up in a neat gift? I just love Christmas!

1 comment:

MB said...

Too Funny!!ROFL