05 December 2008

Holiday Cheer

Christmas anyone? Anyone? Beuller? Am I the only person in America who hasn’t done a stitch of shopping yet? I’ve been holding back, on purpose... and I now know why.


(cue American theme music) These past few months of our country’s economic situation have stirred the dust in my robotic shopping arm, which has unintentionally begun the process of exercising my human shopping practice again. The joy of creating memories that carry through time and can be counted on year after year. To leave thoughtful impressions on our family and friends’ long after the marketing buzz travels toward the next calendar holiday and we’re left with the aftermath of getting everything we want, without wanting (the kind you save up for) what we get. Which leaves me with...


Traditions.


(cue Jingle Bells) So this month we’re focusing on traditions to build the journey, until you know ho ho ho comes tapping on our roof and the climax of this 2008 holiday season is upon us. I better get moving, time is ticking and I’ve so much to prepare for, but man, I can’t wait to hear those giggles from behind bedroom doors as the anticipation nearly eats their sweetness alive!


(giggle)

1 comment:

Kiwimommy said...

I loved the musical narrative with this post. You are SUCH an engaging writer!! xo